by Bill DeShurko
Despite the media’s focus on negative news, things are really doing quite well. Hard for me to understand all the angst. We should be celebrating the great successes of our time. So this post is for all those that think the world is such an awful place today. Especially those that have said that today is no time to bring children into the world. Really?? I have a better idea, have kids, raise them right and let them find new solutions to the future’s problems. Oh, and by the way, college costs…a lot, so start planning early.
Below is a nice list of just how well off we are. Thanks Jim. Please feel free to comment.
By James Kilgore
1. For the first time in our nation’s history, there are more jobs than people looking for work.
2. Initial unemployment claims in March were below 200,000 for the first time since men walked on the moon.
3. Household net worth in the U.S. is $100 Trillion.
4. For 40 the forty years after WWII the U.S. was held hostage by imported oil. In 2018, the U.S. once again became the largest oil-producing country in the world.
5. 1,700 People per day become financial millionaires in the U.S.
6. In 1960 over half of the world population lived in extreme poverty, and the majority of humans were illiterate. Today those percentages are 10% and 15% respectively.
7. The iPhone in your child’s backpack contains more computing power than the Apollo 11 spacecraft.
8. In the next 24 hours, assuming this is a normal day on our planet, 217,000 will escape poverty, and 325,000 will have gained some access to electricity, 300,000 gained access to clean water, and 600,000 will have gotten on the internet for the first time.
Jim is an Investment Advisor at 401 Advisor, LLC and can be reached at Jim@401advisor.com or 937.434.1790.